Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CEP812 Wicked Project update

Had a very productive meeting this afternoon with Olivier Volery, the Country Manager for Dartfish Switzerland. The software is even more amazing than I thought.

For a small preview please see: Dartfish Video Feedback in PE .
"The most exciting advance in PE over the last few years" look at the gymnastics use of Dartfish!
A more professional use is by the LA Angels system
The more I see this program, the use one can get out of it, and the incredible improvement in learner engagement and results, the more I like it..

The most stunning outcome of today's meeting was the information that many public schools in our region already work with this tool. The Canton of Fribourg has actually invested in this technology for all schools!! About time that our school would be seriously looking into this..

Dartfish has a special educational package that is significantly cheaper than normal price. Even more important for my project: Dartfish will come to the ISL campus to do a trial!!! Now let's see whether we can get the school to move also..

1 comment:

  1. Spike,
    Always excellent to be more impressed with a technology already thought to be great! Glad you are still excited about using the technology the more you get to experience it. It does sound surprising that many schools are both using it and an educational version has been purchased for the schools. Reading what you wrote, I'm not entirely clear-does this mean you have access to it at your school? Your second to last statement makes met think yes. Do you have a plan for implementing? If I remember correctly your previous plan was convincing the powers at be of the need for it? Hopefully Dartfish arrives in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete