Monday, May 30, 2011

Survey Monkey CEP812


SurveyMonkey was my chosen program to conduct the survey.
I’ve used it in the past but the last time was well over a year ago. Hence I was surprised by the many changes and the improved level of userfriendliness.

SurveyMonkey is really easy to use and when putting the questionnaire together you’re guided through the set up process really easily with all possible questions as drop down menus available.

Inputting the questions as per the assignment was an easy copy/paste experience. The only adjustment I made was to force each participant to provide an answer and not skip them. SurveyMonkey has a nice feature that forces people to respond.

To analyze the results is quite easy as well. In the tab of Analyze Results one has a quick overview of the results per question. Under the Response Summary.  Charts are easily made by clicking on the Create Chart link for the specific question. In the pop-up sample menu you can easily choose the type of chart you want to select but one will have to upgrade. Furthermore it’s easy to browse through the responses.
In order to filter, crosstab, download, share responses and create graphs you have to go “Pro” as you are prompted to upgrade to a professional account. Also if one would like to have more than 10 questions per survey, unlimited questions and responses etc. Annoying is the fact that even though I’ve indicated English as my preferred language in the General Preferences the site continues to come back in German which forces me to change the setting each time when I log in..

My questionnaire can be visited at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GFXZPGK.

In the end my survey has been taken by 6 participants with very homogeneous answers. All are quite tech savvy and responded accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment