I really like to integrate web-based technologies, however it requires a lot more planning and reflection in order for it to be truly effective. Technology integration just for the sake of being able to tout it is not going to be useful. The technology should be well embedded and functional, leading to deep understanding and giving a greater variety of students a better chance to learn. Also integrating technology looks simple but is takes a lot of effort to do it well. A great tools that I’ve appreciated are the Goal Directed Instructional Design Plan, UDL Guidelines, StAIR (pps is great but time consuming and addictive..;-)).
CEP811 felt as quite intimidating at the start for the first two weeks. After that intro period things settled down quite nicely and I’ve learned more than I could’ve anticipated at the start.
The most immediate new goal is CEP812 which has started already this week. Beyond that I set myself a goal of planning for quarterly EduTech exploration time which will need to be documented. Furthermore I would want to stay current in this ever fast moving field and hence would expect to attend a follow up EduTech course at least every two years.
No comments:
Post a Comment