Sunday, June 19, 2011

CEP812 Professional Learning Plan

I continuously enjoy like a little kid the word clouds that come out of Wordle. The one below is my professional learning plan that I completed at the end of CEP810 in March. Much to my liking the elements I wanted to achieve so far have been completed and the ones I put myself up for the rest of 2011/2012 still seem realistic and solid.



2011

- continued education MSU Edu Tech Certificate (summer); nearly done.
- finish Floorball website and continue to develop it; done and continued work in progress.
- become more skillful and knowledgeable of CEP Edu Tech tools and use them; works out quite well and the appetite is there continuously.
- establish relationship with new head of ISL Technology (Sept-Nov); after the summer
- Introduce Dartfish to ISL Tech and PE staff (Dec); partly already achieved, will be completed in September.


2012 and beyond

- Continued Edu Tech personal improvement plan
- Quarterly meetings with Head of ISL Tech
- Set objectives for further implementation in PE/ASA, including possibilities beyond Dartfish into M-learning
- Review self improvement progress
- Weekly review of RSS bundle on EduTech to stay current
- Every second year a state-of-the-art EduTech course

What I've learned in CEP810-812 is going to serve me in three different ways.
  • First of all with my increased knowledge on (Educational) Technology, I will be a very up-to-date individual on IT and I've developed a great appetite to try out new technologies. These aspects will help me in my job search and further down the pike in my new organization.
  • Secondly, as I've discovered this year already many times, I'm a reference in my family and community for EduTech needs and opportunities. It's really cool to being able to relate well to my teenage kids on this state-of-the-art aspect of their lives.
  • Lastly, online learning with all its tricky aspects has become a normal way of acquiring knowledge to me. As the future will see more and more virtual class rooms and study programs, my CEP experience is a great base to continue learning.
As I don't work for ISL I'll have to achieve the learning plan by myself and by connecting with relevant people in my circle of friends and social network. Technology in Sports will continue to be my most desirable focus area and I'm considering hooking up with the local ski club to get Dartfish in there as well after it has been acquired by ISL. Let's see.
These types of learning plans or self improvement plans are something that I've used all my career in business. The necessary discipline and follow through is engrained in my DNA so I've no worries on achieving these objectives.

1 comment:

  1. Spike,
    Creative way to represent your goals. I'm always impressed with the different methods to present that others come up with that I never considered! Hope finishing your certificate goes well! I appreciate your inclusion of "and use them" at the end of the statement to increase skills and knowledge of educational technology tools. I think one of the more challenging aspects (outside of the time to investigate new tools and figure out how to use them) is to determine how to effectively bring them into the classroom to support specific content. It will be great to see how you integrate them (and others) into PE curriculum. Some of your goals were such great reminders to me: establish relationship with district technology coordinators, review RSS feed, continued growth and learning by taking another educational technology course. Hope you are able to accomplish these goals and others that develop along the way!

    ReplyDelete