Please view my embedded document to get answers to all the questions regarding the Small Part implementation of my Wicked Problem which relates to the video feeback in PE or ASA Sports Activities.
Delights, bumps in the road, surprises are all covered in the video.
I'm looking forward to your comments and feedback.
Showing images of the capture really helped be visualize how the program works. The on the spot feedback was amazing and ideas of having students reflect upon their own performance I could see really making them more aware of the movements.
ReplyDeleteAre you able to save any of the videos that are taken to show at a later time?
Thanks Rachel, yes one of the features is to save captured video material for comparison, archiving, future use etc.
ReplyDeleteWas there any resistance from administration with the argument that "it is not worth the money?" I am not familiar with budget constraints in Switzerland, but I would be worried here that an athletic director might view this as being something that a video camera could already do (at least in their eyes). My only other comment is a presentation one. If your background is orange, I would prefer a different color than white for the text. It sometimes got a little tough to read. Other than that, I enjoyed it Spike. I wish I had it for my golfers, we could really utilize it.
ReplyDeleteWhat I loved the most about DartFish is the immediate self-analysis mode the student entered, once the replay of their drill begins. What a great way for students to reflect back and evaluate what they were or were not doing right. Plus, the added benefit of cutting down on the arguments with the coach - wish my husband had this tool available when he coached our children's High School tennis teams=8-) Just a thought ~ Archiving videos of top athletes, over the time, then using the them to compare performances with current, less skilled students, in hopes that they will use the comparison to improve their skills. Keep me posted about what happens in the fall with the PE staff - I'd like to know how this all turns out=8-)
ReplyDeleteSpike,
ReplyDeleteThank you for showing the set up. It helped to wrap my mind around what using DartFish might look like in the classroom. You mentioned coach/instructor providing an evaluation or students providing an evaluation. Do you intend to model evaluations prior to students giving them or would students be asked guided questions to assist in their self analysis? I ran into a time issue as well and modified as necessary. Hope you are able to continue to work on your initial plan in the upcoming school year!